Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Is it really worth it? the struggle

Turns out the other day when i came home engorged and had a good pumping session was just a fluke. I have been trying to pump since then and i am now back to my normal .5oz combined from both sides and having to top Dorothy hope off with a few ounces of milk.... now that i am down to my last few bags of milk it has me thinking.....is it worth it? 
   I understand that breast is best and i dont want her on formula because of how it hurts her tummy and causes so many problems but if i cant keep donor milk in the house for her then i dont know what i am going to do......
  I found some moms selling their breastmilk and i wish i had the money to purchase it from them.....hopefully i have another miracle coming my way because otherwise i am going to have to give in.

2 comments:

  1. Whatever you would spend on formula put that towards shipping and bag costs. feeding your child is not something you can cut costs on. My hubby worked overtime to pay for shipping costs gas money etc. If you Get WIC you can sell it and put the money towards your breastmilk supplies. We have the financial aspect but the person who is donating put hundreds of hours into pumping which they don't get paid for

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I typically replace bags because i feel it is important :) we get WIC but i told them i am breastfeeding so i could get a pump so we dont get any formula. I know that feeding her i cant cut costs and i will give her everything i can.... my husband and i have gone without in the past to make sure that the kids have eaten because that is what a parent will do :) i just get to thinking is the stress of finding milk (which makes my supply go from small to smaller) worth it? my husband said that he doesnt mind keeping her on breastmilk and he doesnt mind traveling to pick up but he doesnt like seeing me stress about it :/ We have driven over 2hours to OHIO for 200oz before....anything i can do for my kids i will do it :)

      Delete